Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope that all the mothers out there are having a lovely Mother's Day. I have big plans to celebrate with my daughter at the end of this week in San Francisco. I am so excited that we get to spend time together close to Mother's Day and her birthday - I am all smiles this year!

I got my hair cut super short last week - and I am really enjoying it. This is the cut I got a few years back and, although I've strayed some since, I think it's back to stay.

In the meantime, here's a quick snapshot of another way I styled the Chanel jacket I posted earlier in the week. I have worn this charcoal Max Mara Weekend sheath dress previously, but I really liked the way it looked with the Chanel and the shoes. And, I love the Oliver Peoples sunglasses - I had originally bought them as glasses but never liked the way they looked - I had polarized lenses put in to replace the prescription lenses and now I love them!

P1010015

P1010016

Here's the same dress, layered with a sleeveless turtleneck and felt blazer from Akris:
2009 12 16-1

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you! I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time in San Francisco!

    I love the new hair cut - it's very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Mother's Day to the best one on the PLANET! I can't wait to see you :) And your pixie cut is GORGEOUS (just like you)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to ask....is the Scholar Shop a resale store? I live in central Illinois, but often shop at the Galleria. I have driven by the Scholar Shop many times and thought it was a uniform shop! If it is a resale store, I will stop next time I am in St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliments! Chelsea, I can't wait to celebrate with you!

    Susan, The Scholar Shop is a resale store, and has both high end designer clothing as well as mass market (i.e. Gap, Banana Republic, Target, Wal-Mart, Hollister, etc.) clothing. The accessories are fabulous, we get a lot of designer purses and shoes, as well as the clothes. Be prepared to take some time, each item is unique!

    ReplyDelete