Thursday, December 17, 2009

Working Week - It's been busy!

I've been running around like crazy this week, but some of the outfits were pretty cute!

Wednesday, December 15th. Occasion: Work, meetings, dinner meeting

2009 Dec 15-1


2009 Dec 15-1


2009 Dec 15-4


2009 Dec 15-3


Details: Pants - Tommy Bahama - Tommy Bahama Store, Houston (a few years ago)
Tank top: Cashmere - Boston Proper - The Scholar Shop
Blazer: Rena Lange - The Scholar Shop - fun black, white & red houndstooth pattern, with some sparkle. I love the lining, too
Booties: BCBG Max Azria via TJ Maxx St Louis


Thursday, December 16th - Work - Luncheon Meeting - Dinner out


ha ha ha, I HATE my expression in this pic, but it shows the look pretty well:


2009 12 16-1


and here's the "booty" shot:


2009 Dec 16-2


Details: (all Scholar Shop unless otherwise noted)
Dress: Max Mara sleeveless charcoal grey shift
Turtleneck: Akris Punto, sleeveless, light blue
Blazer: Akris Punto, light blue
Shoes: Joie black platform pumps, Neiman Marcus Las Call Store, Ft Myers Beach, FL - I absolutely LOVE these shoes. They are surprisingly comfortable due to the platform, and I wore them for about 12 hours yesterday!


Would the color combo in this outfit be called grlue? Yesterday was not the ideal day for bare legs (it was 16 when I left the house), but I couldn't do tights with the outfit, and I hate nylons; so for fashion's sake I froze my legs off! I did have my long coat, so it wasn't too terrible!

I am thinking of getting a new camera for my Christmas present, as the quality of the one I'm using is pretty low. Any suggestions on a reasonably priced digital (maybe SLR)?



That's all for now. I hope I can get a photo of today's outfit before the end of the day.



5 comments:

  1. I looove those booties (and the booty shot!), and mom you have got some KILLER legs. Fo real. Also, the blazer is fantastic (you could combine it with so many different colors!), the turtleneck under the shift dress layering is awesome, and the platforms are beautiful!

    As for the camera, my best photos were taken by Mijiza with here Nikon D3000 digital SLR. She loves it and that camera takes FANTASTIC shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the killer legs! The Scholar Shop sounds like heaven on earth--and what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your top outfit! You look amazing!

    My camera is a Nikon D40x. The D40 (without the x) version is a little cheaper. I got mine on eBay.

    It's a great camera for sure. My indoor self-pics aren't that great because I'm still figuring out how to do self-portraits in this lighting, but my outdoors shots and other shots I take from behind the camera are great.

    As far as reasonably priced ... um. These cameras are in the $400-$500 range at the moment so it might be a little more than you're wanting to spend if you don't plan on using your camera much.

    My son is almost 1 and I call my camera my best baby gadget! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove that plaid jacket!!! so so chic!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete