Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunshine, you are my Sunshine...

Oh how I love sunshine! We've had a few days of cold, drizzly, not-quite-springtime weather and finally - today - the sun came out. My mood improves immediately when the sun is shining. I was inspired to try taking a few photos outside - as spring arrives the garden will become a nicer backdrop.

Plans changed today and I have casual meetings, no work events, so I opted for jeans. I wanted to go back to the fun and thought provoking Inspiration Calendar to get some ideas for today's outfit. I've loosely interpreted the Tweed & Leather for today - with the tweed Moschino blazer and the leather No. 704b boots.

Details:
Blazer: Moschino via The Scholar Shop, St Louis, MO
Tank: H&M - St Louis Galleria
Jeans: James Jeans - Bella, Springfield, IL
Boots: No 704b - DSW, Houson, TX

2010 03 22 C

2010 03 22 A

Ok, maybe the sun was in my eyes in this one!
2010 03 22 B

Here are a couple of pics from my St Patrick's Day outfit. I had a meeting, so I didn't want to go obnoxiously green this time. I opted for a blouse under a dress. I'm not sure that I loved the outfit, but it worked for the event. These Kate Spade pumps are my absolute favorites - they are a round toe, chunky high heel in a nude patent leather. Because the heel is so substantial I can wear them all day with no problem. The color is so neutral they go with everything - so you'll be seeing them again!

I did get my hair cut, and I'm loving the shorter look again. As the weather turns warm I'll probably keep going shorter!

2010 03 17 B

2010 03 17

3 comments:

  1. That tweed blazer fits you like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the casual but pulled togethe look of the jeans and blazer. You have a great style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh nice layering! those nude heels are awesome... the patent shiny-ness makes them just contrast enough with your legs, but still making them look like they go on forever! also I am LOVING the sunshine photos :) you look so happy, and that makes ME happy! and the jeans/blazer look is so chic yet casual. go, mom!

    ReplyDelete