Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana?

Something about the color orange calls to me, I seem to feel more cheerful when I'm wearing orange. Sunny color, sunshine, mood lifter, all good things...

You can probably tell that I'm quite tan after our vacation in Florida. I wear sunscreen, but we spent a lot of time out by the pool; and every morning I spent 30-45 minutes on a run/walk in the Florida sunshine. I've been exercising outdoors since spring began here in the Midwest. I usually set out around 7:00 or 7:30 am, trying to beat out the thunderstorms and heat here! I'm enjoying the outdoors - I walk in a beautiful park with lots of trees and ponds - I've had to dodge the geese and ducks (with their baby goslings and ducklings) on more than one occasion! I also work out with weights 3 times a week. Consistent, regular exercise makes me feel good - it's not just the benefits I get physically, I get an emotional boost as well. My very favorite exercise is "hot yoga" - a vinyasa flow yoga class in a room heated to 90-95 degrees. Unfortunately, six months ago or so my shoulder went wonky on me - some kind of impingement - so I haven't been able to do yoga in months! I hope to get back to it soon!

Anywhoo - back to the whole point of this blog - the clothes! I found the orange top (by Moth - a brand we find at Anthropologie) at The Scholar Shop (of course). The white tank is from H&M - and I have been wearing one of these almost every day! The cropped khakis are Talbots - but I bought them at TJ Maxx (because I really, really hate to pay retail). The sandals are Donald Pliner - I bought them at a E&J's Shoe Warehouse an amazing discount shoe place in St Louis.

2010 Jun 15-3

2010 June 15

By the way, the title is a reference to the classic knock-knock joke: KK - WT? Banana - banana who (repeat until your audience's eyes glaze); and finally end with the punch line above.

1 comment:

  1. That was my FAVORITE knock-knock joke as a kid. :)

    Loving the orange on you; it's such a fresh summer color!!

    ReplyDelete